Well, hello there! First of all, thanks for visiting my blog. Secondly, thank you for being curious enough to check out a page that’s all about me! I’m grateful for the excuse to coddle my budding narcissism, truly.
You know, I haven’t the slightest clue as to why I even bothered to start a blog in the first place. I mean, I’ve never been a huge writer, nor has it ever been my strong suit. Writing essays in school almost always elicited a wretched groan worthy of Poltergeist from me, and I never made any attempt to conceal my reluctance towards the practice; my English teacher can vehemently attest to that. You know how they always had that one kid they couldn’t stand? Yeah, that was me. And even at that, I’ve always poked fun at “people with blogs” for as long as I could remember. They were pretentious, anti-social, and very opinionated folks with a healthy dash of elitism. They were the spoiled college kids with the smart-looking spectacles (usually with plastic lenses, mind you) who squandered time in various cafes doing nothing but forcing their inherently flawed opinions on the world.
But since then my perspective *thankfully* has shifted, and so I thought that it’d be nice to have some place where I could voice my opinions on a wide variety of topics without the threat of attack (because it’s so much easier to say what you really think when you’re hiding behind a computer screen right?). And besides, it simply wouldn’t be fair to the world if I kept my strokes of genius in hiding any longer now would it? Granted, I’m not the most articulate person on the planet, but if I’m anything at all, I am a deep thinker. I’m a deep thinker who spends countless hours pondering any and every question under the sun, analyzing every single discrepancy, generality, and exception to the rule, and wondering how in the hell it all comes together… Over-thinking, as you can imagine, is my specialty. And within that statement lies my sole purpose for beginning this blog: My brain will explode (or suffer a massive aneurysm) if I don’t. Simple as that.
So, now that I’ve gotten that mess out of the way, I suppose it’s high time I moved on to actual introductions, wouldn’t you agree? My name, in all its two-syllable glory, is Taylor. I am
imprisoned currently living in Small Town, U.S.A. where, despite living right on the coast, half of the buildings don’t even have air conditioning and the hottest hang-out spot is the local Tom-Thumb gas station on the beach road. And, to be frank, I strongly dislike living here. This god-forsaken town is a shoo-in for Dante’s deepest level of Hell. It is here that I’ve been raised, and over the years I’ve developed both a deep admiration and resentment for it’s residents.
Top Ten Thing You Oughta Know About Me:
- I’m a believer in pearls, perfume, and southern charm. I am the definition of a true G.R.I.T.S (Girl Raised In The South), and damn proud of it.
- My mind is unpredictable, plain and simple. It has a tendency to go from point A to point F then back to point E then somehow ends up in the Greek alphabet before arriving at my intended destination at point Z. Annoying? Yes. Is it a bad thing? No. My dear, it is in these inconvenient detours that the most adventure is found: accept it, expect it, appreciate it.
- I am one sappy person. I can cry at practically anything. I easily get caught up in the beauty of honestly anything. I swear, I bet I could tear up gushing over fresh bird-crap. Now there’s an image for you. It’s insane.
- I value hard-work over natural flowing intelligence. I don’t care what your IQ is, if you don’t work hard for what you want or what you’ve got, then I’m so judging you. You’re no better than that blonde bimbo whose daddy pays for everything she wants. Sorry not sorry.
- I have a deep sense of humanity, and I strongly believe in equality across the board. I’m human, you’re human, we all bring something to the table, and nobody is any better than anyone else. (Side-note: However, I do NOT advocate special privileges. There’s a special place in hell for those who shamelessly play the system. Shame on you.)
- I want to experience the best and the worst the world has to offer and do a little good along the way. In my book, this is to have lived….. Perhaps it would behoove you to look up the poem “Success” by Ralph Waldo Emerson. That seems to sum things up quite nicely.
- I’m gonna be a doctor when all is said and done, and I want to devote a majority of my career to working with humanitarian aid organizations like Doctors Without Borders or WHO despite incredible opposing forces. Just thought you should know. You heard it here first, folks.
- My personal philosophy is to simply love without limits. Whether you be white, black, Swedish, fat, skinny, rich, poor, gay, straight, etc. doesn’t matter to me in the slightest. There are simply no exceptions to this rule.
- Music is EVERYTHING to me, and permeates every aspect of my life. I even think in pitches and rhythms, for goodness sake, it’s like a piece of sheet music is constantly streaming in my head. Classical, folk, singer-songwriter, world, and alternative are my go-to genres, but I really do love all kinds of music.
- In reality, I’m a relatively quiet person. Call me what you what you will: loner, introvert, the “mysterious” type, whatever… I’m just a girl who likes to listen, observe, and think (which actually is such a dangerous combo, now that I think about it). And before you go all condescending with the derogatory terms, remember that it is often the quietest people who have the loudest minds.